Middle school students have unique social and emotional needs. Growing bodies, developing minds, and hormonal changes all play a part. There are a lot of ways parents can support their middle school student's social and emotional development
PVIS counselors are also available to support your student through this stage. Whether it's a problem with a peer, a challenge at home, or everyday stress, we want PVIS students and families to know that we are here for them.
In addition to two school counselors, PVIS is fortunate to have a therapist on campus. Please contact your student's counselor if you'd like more information.
Immediate Crisis Support
If you have a serious and immediate safety concern regarding a student, yourself or a friend, call 911. Support is also available by contacting one of the providers listed below.
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline: (800) 273-8255
- Crisis Text Line: text word "HOME" to 741-741
- Didi Hirsch Mental Health Services: (877) 727-4747
- LA County Mental Health Services: (800) 854-7771
- The Trevor Project: (866) 488-7386