Board Policy 5145.12 states that The Board of Education is fully committed to promoting a safe learning environment and, to the extent possible, eliminating the possession and use of weapons, illegal drugs, and other controlled substances by students on school premises and at school activities. As necessary to protect the health and welfare of students and staff, school officials may search students, their property, and/or district property under their control and may seize illegal, unsafe, or otherwise prohibited items.
As a condition to using a locker at Palos Verdes Intermediate School, I agree to the following:
1. I understand and agree that the locker is the property of the Palos Verdes Unified School District and Palos Verdes Intermediate School.
2. I understand and agree that the use of this locker is a privilege and use can be suspended or taken away at any time by the school administration or its designee.
3. I understand and agree that I have no expectation of a right of privacy, and the locker and its contents can be searched at any time.
4. I agree to be responsible for the care and condition of my locker and will be responsible, financially and otherwise, for any and all damage to the locker.
5. I will not write, tape, deface or apply stickers of any kind on the inside or outside of the locker.
6. At the end of the school year I will remove any and all contents inside the locker.
7. I understand and agree that Palos Verdes Intermediate School is NOT responsible for any books, materials or personal property lost or stolen from the locker.
8. I understand that I am not allowed to share my locker with other students and am personally responsible for all items in my locker.