1. Each student will follow each teachers classroom procedures.
2. Students will follow all attendance policies, including: attending all classes, being seated in their assigned seats when the bell rings, bringing a signed, dated note from their parent to the attendance office if they need to leave campus during the day, report to class before going to main office or health office during school hours.
3. Students will respect and follow directions of all adults on campus.
4. Students will not chew or possess gum at any time.
5. Students will refrain from using language or gestures that are inappropriate, vulgar, or profane.
6. Students will not physically, verbally, or sexually harass students or adults, either of the same gender or of a different gender, through physical, verbal, or non-verbal means.
7. Students will not engage in cheating, forgery, or plagiarism in any form (see cheating policy).
8. Students will not bring to class items not needed for instruction, including, but not limited to radios, CD players, cell phones, pagers, toys, laser pens, electronic equipment, and trading cards. Student cell phones are subject to teacher approval.
9. Students will not physically, sexually, verbally, or non-verbally abuse any person on campus.
10. Students will not possess, consume, distribute, sell, or be under the influence of drugs, alcohol, drug paraphernalia, or tobacco.
11. Students will not steal, deface, vandalize, or damage any property belonging to the school or to other people.
12. Students will follow all technology and PVPUSD BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) Policy rules and not abuse computer privileges.
13. Students will not buy or sell anything on school grounds that are not approved by the administration.
14. Students will wear clothing that adheres to the dress code.
15. Students will not ride skateboards, roller blades, scooters, or bicycles on campus.
16. Students will follow the PVIS Code of Conduct while attending all school-sponsored activities.
17. Students will not put their hands on other students (except in the cases of ensuring safety).
18. Students will not possess, sell, or otherwise furnish a firearm, knife, imitation weapon, explosive, or other dangerous objects.
19. Harassment (physical, verbal, racial, or sexual) of any kind is never tolerated at school.
a. Harassment occurs when a person is purposely made to feel uncomfortable, embarrassed, humiliated, or threatened.
b. If you feel harassed, the first thing to do is to tell the harasser in a firm and decisive way that you do not like it and the action must stop. If you need help delivering this message, ask the nearest adult.
c. If the action does not stop, tell an adult immediately.
d. Never join anyone else in any harassing activity. If you participate or tolerate harassment, you are part of the problem and subject to the same consequences. Rules against harassment will be strictly enforced.
My signature on the PVIS Signature Page document indicates that I have read and understand the foregoing Code of Conduct Basic Rules and I agree to those rules.