Welcome Back PVIS Sea King Families!
Tomorrow is the kick off to our 2017-18 school year! I am so excited to welcome each of you back to school. Here are a few reminders to help for a smooth first day!
- No zero period classes will be held tomorrow.
- Students should report to their assigned classrooms at 8:10 am to pick up their schedules.
- Late registration will take place in the MPR tomorrow morning beginning at 7:30 am for any student that missed registration day.
- Tomorrow is a minimum day with student dismissal at 12:15.
- Please review the drop-off and pick-up procedures on our school website. Follow all traffic regulations to ensure the safety of all students. Patience will be key for everyone in the drop off line tomorrow. Let’s be courteous to one another. Click HERE for more information.
- Tuesday is a full day of school. Zero period will be held both at PVIS and the high school campuses. For the PVIS bell schedule, click HERE.
Students will receive their full schedule tomorrow when they arrive at school. Please remember the following:
- Schedule changes are only made due to an error in a student’s schedule (i.e. missing a core class, two classes scheduled during the same period).
- Schedule changes are NOT made based on a request for a different teacher, a change in class period, or to move a class to be with a friend.
- Mr. Sanz, our academic counselor, will meet with students to make schedule changes as quickly as can be accommodated. Please be patient with the process as we address any scheduling errors.
Our teachers and staff have been working hard to prepare for this new school year. As I walked around school this evening, there were still teachers here excitedly preparing their classrooms for the arrival of their students. Our custodial crew has worked diligently all summer to ensure our classrooms and grounds were neat and clean to greet our students on the first day. Bulletin boards on campus are up to welcome students, and there is a sense of anticipation for a wonderful start to the school year.
Thank you to all of the teachers, staff, and parents who have helped get us ready for our first day. PVIS is an awesome school community, and it is with great pride that I start my first year as your principal.
Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!
Proud PVIS Principal