All topics proposed for argument for the essay must be submitted through the form found in the One Note Class Notebook (www.pvpusd.net
) by Friday, April 20, 2018
(5 points). Topics must receive approval, therefore it is recommended that work on this essay begins after approval is received.
Your argument should include:
- an explicitly stated claim about whether or not an issue you have selected should be supported
- persuasive reasons and relevant textual evidence, logically organized
- acknowledgment of opposing claims or other points of view (counterargument)
- citations of your sources in your essay and in a Works Cited page
- a conclusion that restates your claim and summarizes your persuasive evidence
Three (3) resources are required for this assignment and must be recorded in a MLA format Work Cited page on a separate page and attached to back of the final essay. Follow the recommended format found at: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/747/12/
The Getting Along Final Essay Outline (20 points) is due Friday, April 27, 2018. The outline given in class must be complete and turned in at the beginning of the period on Friday.
The final essay must be typed using 12 pt. Times New Roman font and double spaced. The essay is five (5) paragraphs of six to eight (6-8) sentences each is required and should follow the format of the Getting Along Outline submitted. The final draft (50 points) is due Friday, May 4, 2018 at the beginning of the period.
This assignment is homework and will only be partially work on in class.